|Machine Type||Configuration Type||Processor Type||Minimum Processor Speed||Minimum Memory (RAM)|
|Server||Client Server Environment||Intel® or compatible||166 MHz||64 MB|
|Server||Terminal Server Environment||Pentium 4 or equivalent||2 GHz||2 GB|
|SQL Server 2008||n/a||Pentium III or equivalent||600 MHz||512 MB|
|SQL Server 2008 R2||n/a||Pentium III or equivalent||600 MHz||512 MB|
|SQL Server 2012||n/a||Pentium III or equivalent||1.0 GHz||512 MB|
|SQL Server 2014||n/a||Pentium III or equivalent||1.0 GHz||512 MB|
|SQL Server 2016||n/a||x64||1.4 GHz||512 MB|
|SQL Server 2017||n/a||x64||1.4 GHz||512 MB|
|Client||Client Server Environment||Pentium III or equivalent||600 MHz||256 MB|
Web Module Requirements:
- Internet Information Services version 6 or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full
- Must be on the same domain as uniPoint Server
Recommended Specifications: (Terminal Server Environment)
- P4 2Ghz or better processor, with multiprocessor support (second chip support for 10+ users)
- Server grade motherboard and processor recommended
- 200GB 10,000 RPM hard drive (RAID array and SCSI drives for optimum performance)
- 2GB RAM (more than 10 users – 4GB RAM)
- 2MB Graphics Card (minimum support – 16 bit true color)
- 100 Base NIC and backbone
- UPS (uninterruptible power supply)
- Windows Server 2003 SP2, Server 2008 (R2), Server 2012
- Client Access Licenses (CAL’s) for Terminal Services AND Windows 2003/2008/2012
- TCP/IP Networking Protocol with static IP addresses
- Tape or alternate backup solution
Benefits of Using Terminal Server
What is a Terminal Server?
A Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server with Terminal Services activated. This configuration allows for uniPoint Server and Client installations directly on the server. (Note: Windows 2003/2008 Server, and a fixed IP Address required for remote access). uniPoint is also fully compliant with Remote Desktop Services 2008.
Speed (300 – 400% Faster!)
uniPoint program files and database files are loaded once on the Terminal Server, and then run directly from the server. Consequently, workstation CPU and RAM become irrelevant, while speed is enhanced. Data access significantly increases due to the fact that data is not travelling down the network to be processed.
Upgrades (Only required on server)
When uniPoint upgrades are installed it takes place on just one computer — Terminal Server. Workstations do not require separate upgrades.
Maintainability (Only required on server)
Remote Desktop Client (used to connect to Terminal Server) loads on Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista/7/8, which removes the need for debugging workstation drivers, settings, or application conflicts. Avoids performing the installs and upgrades on multiple workstations.
Lower Cost of Ownership
Stop investing in newer and faster workstations and consolidate expenditure in one centralized area. Reduces your overall maintenance and support from multiple workstations to one centralized server.
Remote Access (Work from anywhere)
One of the greatest advantages of Terminal Server is the ability to remotely access and run uniPoint via a remote desktop connection. Work in real-time speed from any location with internet access.Back
uniPoint is a compliance tool for the strictest quality requirements of your industry.
Our interface promotes engaged users, and lower on-going training costs.
Eliminate redundant data entry and leverage the data from your existing systems.
Track the frequency and cost of quality events, with our ISO-ready suite of modules.